Damien Morris - Lean Digital Consultant
Damien is a highly motivated, self-driven, Operational Excellence / Lean / ERP professional with over 20 years of experience leading change and sustainable improvement across a wide range of businesses from large high-tech US and European multinational organisations to Irish-based SMEs and smaller family-owned businesses.
His mission is to bring world-class operational excellence capability and expertise to every assignment, generating high-impact results to grow and sustain a continuous improvement culture for the benefit of all stakeholders.
He possesses exceptional programme management skills as well as a proven ability to execute projects within a programme whilst developing additional capabilities within those stakeholder groups.
Having also trained well over 500 people in the art and science of change he is now focused on leading Operational Lean / Digital programmes and projects leveraging his knowledge and experience to generate results fast, leaving behind increased capability within any business to lead and sustain continuous improvement activity into the future.
Areas of Expertise
- Re-established a Furniture Manufacturing Business following a wipe-out fire sustaining over 80 jobs.
- Designed and deployed an ERP system to help manage the Order to Cash Value Stream across 3 operational sales channels.
- Establised and coached a newly formed supervisor level to help manage the day-to-day operations from New Product Introduction to Sales Order Processing, Engineering, Production, Assembly, Packing & Despatch.
- Trained and certified over 500 people in Operational Excellence including Project Management, Lean, and Six Sigma to Black Belt level.
- Delivered a programme of ERP Payroll Modules to 105 business units across US and Europe standardising the way all Global Payroll Operations are managed via a central shared services team based in UK and CANADA.
- PMO member for GE Global Operations, advising on business project execution and running regular coaching sessions for Business Leaders, PMs, and Subject Matter Experts on Change Management, Project Management, Lean, Six Sigma, Problem Solving, and Capability Development.
- Lead the Operational Excellence team at Telefonica O2, managing an overall portfolio of projects supporting the business strategy in improving service to reduce customer churn whilst reducing the cost to market for new products and cost to support existing products and services.
- Lead the integration of new business acquisitions into the GE way of working within the IT Infrastructure, Enquiry to Order, and Order to Cash value streams.
- Lead the ISO9001 design and deployment for 4 business units bringing in a culture of Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement.
- Lead the IT function managing and improving infrastructure, digitising manual workflows, and replacing these with an overarching ERP system to establish standardised workflow, visual management, daily accountability, and leadership discipline across the enterprise.
- Power BI Desktop, Microsoft, 2022.
- Asana Workflow Design & Deployment, Asana, 2022.
- ERP Design & Deployment, Factory Control Systems, 2017.
- Lean Sensei Series / Lean Simulation, Micheal Balle, Leading Edge Group, 2014.
- GE Leadership Development Programme, GE Crotonville University, 2012.
- Customer Experiences, Journey and Blueprints, Telefonica O2, 2009.
- People Leadership, Institute of Leadership & Management, 2009.
- Finance; Budget Planning & Management, Investment Governance and Control., Telefonica O2, 2009.
- Emotional Intelligence & NLP, Telefonica O2, 2007.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, GE Crotonville University, 2005.
- PMI Project Management, GE Crotonville University, 2004.
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Construction Management, Leeds Beckett University, 1995.