John Staunton - Senior Lean Consultant
John has an enormous amount of experience in central production units in food product development encompassing a wide variety of products including meat products, pizza ingredients, soups sauces and ready meals and pastry products. He has spent many years in large scale food production at an Operational Management level, ranging from manual assembly to fully automated production lines.
He has worked on projects in a management capacity and as a consultant with Dawn Fresh Foods,Â Meat and More and Simply Soups.
John’s experience of working in unionised situations means he has a full understanding of the challenges and opportunities that this scenario presents.
Areas of Expertise
- Developed products and processes that led to a business growth in excess of 35% year on year over a 10 year period.
- Managed the transition from relatively small mostly manual production operation to a much larger multi-functional unit with a combination of manual, semi-automatic, and fully automatic production lines.
- Set up internal training structures that resulted in all operative staff getting City and Guilds certification under the in-house programme.
- Took an underperforming restaurant complex and turned it around with more than double the turnover and quadrupled profits in the space of 12 months.
- Project managed major (~10M) expansion doubling existing capacity.
- Diploma in Corporate Direction, University College Cork
- Graduate HCIMA (UK), Ealing and Westminster Colleges, London.
- City and Guilds Professional Cookery, St.Mary’s Catering College.