Declan Higgins - Lean Consultant
With an abundance of experience in Operations Management and Business Development, Declan offers unique insights into the implementation of Lean Programs within organisations. Working closely with his clients, Declan applies Lean Principles to elevate performance, promote excellence and drive business transformations. Alongside this he trains and mentors staff at every level of the organisation in lean excellence. Declan has worked in and with companies of all sizes ranging from small to multinational, including Dell, Verbatim and BS&B Safety Systems Ltd., and it is from this that he draws upon his insider knowledge to ensure that each LBS client fulfils their potential to become better.
Areas of Expertise
- Transformed numerous business processes, in both services and manufacturing, through staff training and the successful application of lean ways.
- Optimised high volume bespoke product manufacturing lines and supply chain processes. Re-engineered layouts, sequences, and relationships to eliminate the eight types of waste exposed by lean.
- Managed complex, cross-functional, multinational teams in the execution of critical capital projects, typically the sourcing, transfer, and installation of high-value manufacturing technology across a global organisation.
- Co-ordinated numerous product transitions, both old product end-of-life and replacement product introduction, across multiple sites worldwide.
- M.B.A, University of Limerick
- B.Eng. – Materials Engineering, University of Limerick
- Eng. Diploma – Manufacturing Technology, University of Limerick